Also known locally as Lydiate Abbey, it was built c. 1500 for the private worship of the Ireland family, who held the Lydiate lordship from 1410—1673. Its use as a private chapel probably ceased c. 1550, following Henry VIII's Dissolution of the Monasteries. Now a ruin on the outskirts of Lydiate with the setting sun throwing the place into silhouette.
|camera||Canon EOS 50D|
|exposure mode||aperture priority|