The Caledonian Railway Class 812 was designed by John McIntosh for express goods trains, excursion traffic and the Clyde Coast fast boat trains connecting with the Company's steamers. No.828 was built in 1899 and delivered from St Rollox Works during August of that year. Stationed at Aberdeen Ferryhill she was resplendent in her full Caledonian Railway blue passenger livery and worked Edwardian excursions in Aberdeenshire.
828 is the only surving example of the class, having been purchased by the Scottish Locomotive Preservation Trust Fund in 1963 after its withdrawal on August 8th. Eventually she moved to the Strathspey Railway and in 2010 after a ten year overhaul she was restored to traffic.
828 is seen here at Bridgenorth on the Severn Valley Railway moving out of the shed yard to double head the evening restaurant train, coupled with the LMS locomotive 46443.
|camera||Canon EOS 50D|
|exposure mode||program mode|