Built by Aveling Porter of Rochester, Kent, perhaps better known for their road-going steam engines. The Blue Circle is a 2-2-0 well tank, class TJ, built to a design dating back around 100 years. The locomotive was built in 1926, and was at least 80 years out of date by that time. She was the very last traction engine railway locomotive to be built on the standard gauge. Delivered new to Holborough Cement Co. Ltd., Kent (later to become Blue Circle Cement) for use at their Snodland Works. Withdrawn in 1962 she went to the Bluebell railway for restoration over a long period of time.
It is seen here on the pit village railway hauling the Beamish Museum's locomotive Coffee Pot No. 1.
|camera||Canon EOS 50D|
|exposure mode||shutter priority|