HMS Gay Archer
In 1952 the Royal Navy started taking delivery of the Gay Class of Type B Fast Patrol Boats. P1041, Gay Archer, was the first of twelve boats that made up the class, armed with torpedo tubes and a 40mm Bofors Gun on the foredeck, she spent her time with the Coastal Defence Force during the Cold War between 1952 and 1961.
Eventually she passed into private hands and was rebuilt to almost her original specification over a number of years. Although she now has three bedrooms, a recreational area and a bar below decks, she is now berthed in Watchett Harbour.
||Canon EOS 50D|
The American Cem...
In the Train She...