The remains of the Abbey stand on the Lancashire coast just by the mouth of the River Lune. It was founded before 1184 as the Hospital of St Mary on a hummock in the marsh
belonging to Leicester Abbey. The abbey was dissolved in 1539 and acquired by a John Kitchen. The site
is now adjacent to a farm house and the only significant relic is the
still intact, vaulted chapter house which was built in 1230.
In the distance may be seen the Scar light that stands at the mouth of the Lune.
||Canon EOS 50D|
Colurs at sunset
Tornado at Prest...