The Isla Gladstone Conservatory
Stanley Park, in Liverpool, is situated between the football grounds of Liverpool and Everton. Long been run down, parts of it just being a car park, it has recently undergone a grand facelift.
The Park is one of Liverpool's most important historic parks, part of the city's heritage and it is listed by English Heritage as a Grade ll Park. Opened in 1870 the park had open fields and formal gardens with a grand Glasshouse and Bandstand. Renovation of the terraces and buildings started in 2007 and has more or less finished.
The restored Isla Gladstone conservatory is named after the local artist and textile designer, famous for floral prints in the Arts & Crafts movement at the turn of last century. It is now used for events and functions, no longer housing exotic plants.
||Canon EOS 50D|
The Empty Bandst...
The Old Ticket C...