The Welsh Highland Railway runs from Caernarfon to Rhyd Ddu in the Snowdonia National Park and is currently being extended through the mountains to Portmadoc to join the Ffestiniog Railway.
The main engines to operate on the railway are four Beyer-Garratt engines from South Africa.
NG143 was originally order by the Tsumeb Copper Corporation in 1958 from the Beyer Garratt company in Manchester, it eventually turned up on South African Railways and then found its way to the Welsh Highland Railway in 1998.
NG143 is seen here at the station in Rhyd Ddu having just run around it's train before heading back to Caernarfon.
Prince No. 2