Johny Walker is back
Whilst thebuilding work was under way at the Pier Head the statue of Johny Walker
was removed and cleaned. He is now back as proud as ever in classical sea captain pose.
The memorial to the left is the Memorial to the Missing of the Naval Auxiliary Personnel in the Second World War.
It was erected to commemorate the 1,390 Merchant Navy Seamen who served on the Royal Navy Auxiliary Vessels under the T124 agreement and whose only grave is the sea. It was unveilled on the 12th November 1952.
||Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL|
The Merchant Nav...
Work in Progress