The third stop on the Mersey Fery Triangle is Birkenhead, there has been a ferry between Liverpool and Birkenhead since 1332, when the monks of Birkenhead Priory were granted a charter that enabled them to charge for carrying passengers from Birkenhead to Liverpool but strangley not in the reverse direction.
The current landing stage dates from 1984 when the original victorian stage was replaced. The bell tower was transferred from the original stage.
The tower in the background is the ventilation shaft for the Queensway tunnel and mirrors the Georges Dock building
ventilation tower in Liverpool.
||Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL|
The Nightmare Cr...
The Blitz Memori...
Shall we dance