On the side of Everton Brow is a small building known locally as the Everton Lock-up. Built circa 1787 in a local cattle pond, this was where drunks and other miscreants were held overnight before presentation to the local magistrate the next morning for judgement and appropriate punishment. Some thnk that the building is Prince Rupert's Tower but he was in the area in 1644, before it was built.
It is now apparently used as a store for gardeners' tools.
It also forms the centrepiece of the badge of The Blues, one of our city's two world famous football clubs, Liverpool and Everton. (Apparently it first appeared on a tie in 1938, but was not officially adopted until 1980)
|exposure mode||full manual|