Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral sits high above the city on a sandstone outcrop, called St. James Mount. Building started in 1904, with the foundation stone being laid by King Edward VII, and finished in 1978. It is only the third anglican cathedral built in the UK since the reformation in the sixteenth century and is the largest anglican cathedral in the world, almost twice the size of St Pauls in London.
The bell tower is the largest, and one of the tallest, in the world, riseing to over 100 metres. It houses the highest (66 metres) and heaviest (31 tonnes) ringing peal of bells in the world.
A coloured version of this can be found here.
|exposure mode||shutter priority|