Situated behind the Liver Building is another steel framed building designed by the same architect, the Tower Building.
Many years ago Liverpool had both a castle and a fortified tower, the tower being owned by the Stanley family, Earls of Derby, used as their town residence. The tower was aquired by the Corporation in the early 19th century and then demolished. The Tower Building now stands on the original site at the bottom of Water Street. Built in 1906 the crenelated turrets are a symbolic allusion to the original structure.
|camera||Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL|
|exposure mode||shutter priority|