A desirable residence to the south of Liverpool, convenient for the airport, being located at the end of the runway of Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Built in traditional Elisabethan style, started in 1490 and completed in 1598, with monor additions only in the following years. For many years it was owned by the Norris, or Norreys, family, a family of great renown in the area.
Now owned by the National Trust it is one of the great Black and White buildings surviving from Elisabethan times.
Reputed to be haunted, there have been a number of sightings, people have heard the sound of children crying during the night. Haunted bedrooms and a room that hid illegal priests not to mention two apparitions are also to be found. There are ghost tours of the hall for those of a strong mind.