Built in the 1840's, the Dockers Clock, or to give it it's proper name Victoria Tower on the entrance to Salisbury Dock, was designed by Jesse Hartley, the dock engineer responsible of most of Liverpool's old dock system. There are six sides each with a clock face and a bell on the top to signal high and low tides. Now fallen into disrepair. Hopefully one day it will be restored to it's full glory, there are plans for great developments in these docks and it would be a shame to loose this feature.
Behind can be seen the Stanley Dock Bonded Tobacco Warehouse, reputed to be the largest brick built warehouse in the worls with over 27 million red and blue bricks used in it's construction. Currently unused awaiting some ideas for regeneration.
|exposure mode||shutter priority|